Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grandma Emma Martinsen Anderson

Emma Martinsen Anderson


I did not know my great grandma Emma Martinsen Anderson--neither did my mother. Emma was born in 1877 in Ephraim, Utah and died in 1938 in Koosharem, Utah. Her parents came to Utah from Norway after joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have blogged about her before.

For many years, my aunt had in her possession a dress once owned by Emma. It is a beautiful blue color-- not a commercially purchased dress which may not have been an option for many reasons. The workmanship is very nice.

Because of my great interest in family history, my aunt gave me the dress to keep and share with others. The best way I know to do that is on the internet. I feel honored to have it now.



My beautiful daughter Karli is modeling Emma's dress here. I suspect Emma now thinks her posterity is worth alot more than a dress, but I will still cherish it and hope it will hold together a few more  years.

No comments:

Post a Comment