Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Very Small Gift



About a year ago I was doing some research on an ancestor of mine who was born in Sweden in 1847, converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and emigrated to the United States in 1863. 


I was curious as to her lifestyle in Sweden and maybe the clothing she would have worn day-to-day.  As I was Googling for information, I was directed to a blog written by a young woman in Sweden who spends much of her free time creating period Swedish clothing. 


To my amazement, she was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Since that time, I have continued to read her blog along with at least 160 others who follow her. A few weeks ago, she offered a small but painstakingly handcrafted gift to those who commented on her blog with an interest. I immediately commented that I would love to have the pretty gift especially since it was from Sweden and replicated from a time period my ancestors would have lived there.


I happened to be the lucky winner! I was really excited. So I thought maybe as a blogger, I too could give something away. Here goes:


I will give to a few interested people a picture-pedigree [as above] with the pictures and names of you and/or your ancestors--seven pictures if you can. The only hard part is that you have to email me your pictures and tell me the names and relationship. I will email back to you the completed project and you can use it as you like i.e. put it in a frame, enlarge it, trash it, whatever.


I will keep this post up until I post again or remove it for lack of interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment