Thursday, October 27, 2011

What I Know

Manti Utah LDS Temple

Some of you who stumble on to my family history blog are very curious as to why I have apparently taken so much time and effort to put together personal and family history as well as pictures of my ancestors and placed them on the internet for anyone to view. Many of you are my cousins and other relatives of whom we have common ancestors and you may understand my interest in family. 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, of which I am a member, strongly believes that families can be forever through sealing ordinances performed by them and for them in holy temples. As members of the Church, we consider temples to be very sacred edifices of which recommended members can enter and there receive ordinances for themselves and for family members who have died.

In the early days of the Church, many of my ancestors were able to go for themselves to temples, the Endowment House in Salt Lake City and the office of the President of the Church for precious sealings.  

Many of my extended family members were able to attend the Manti Utah temple. President Brigham Young dedicated the site of the Manti Utah temple on 25 April 1877. Construction soon began and the temple was dedicated on 16 May 1888 by President Wilford Woodruff.

I was blessed to be married and sealed to my husband in the Manti temple being in the fourth generation of a line to be MARRIED and sealed in the Manti temple. My four daughters have carried on this tradition--being a part of the fifth generation. I have hopes that my son will eventually fit into that generation.

The tradition began with my great grandparents, William Leslie and Eva Merinda Stephenson Thompson.

 Married and sealed
2 September 1908



Their daughter, 
Edith LoRene Thompson and
Kendrick Harding Harward
married and sealed 29 March 1934


Their son and my father,
Gaylord Kendrick Harward and 
Pauline Anderson
married and sealed 6 July 1955

Kevin and Cindy Eppich
married and sealed 10 December 1977

Our daughters



No comments:

Post a Comment