Saturday, July 9, 2011

Recipes--As Family History


Last year I was looking through a ward recipe book my grandmother had given me as a high school graduation present many years ago. Some of the recipe contributors were familiar to me--several were even relatives. I began to wonder to myself, "Could recipes be something of value historically to families?" 

As children we became familiar with the meals lovingly prepared for us by family members. During shared mealtimes, we laughed and conversed about the day's activities or upcoming events. And there were always those meals we shared on special occasions too.

 I started compiling my own family recipes which were special to me and my family. As I typed them into my computer, many memories flooded back to me. Here are a few that I 
have collected:










Lets keep preparing those traditional meals which have been passed down from generation to generation and think fondly of those hands which prepared them for us.

1 comment: